Friday, June 5, 2009

Quotes

Jules Renard: Quotations about Writing
Writing is an occupation in which you have to keep proving your talent to those who have none.

Samuel Johnson: Quotes on Writing
The greatest part of a writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write; a man will turn over half a library to make one book.

Richard Harding Davis: Quotes on Writing
The secret of good writing is to say an old thing in a new way or to say a new thing in an old way.

Truman Capote: Quotes on Writing
To me, the greatest pleasure of writing is not what it's about, but the inner music that words make.

John Osborne: Writing Quotes
Asking a writer what he thinks about criticism is like asking a lamppost what it feels about dogs.
What I like in a good author isn't what he says, but what he whispers.

Flannery O'Connor: Writing Quotes
Everywhere I go I'm asked if I think the university stifles writers. My opinion is that they don't stifle enough of them.

Logan Pearsall Smith: Quotes: Writing
What I like in a good author isn't what he says, but what he whispers.

4 comments:

Alice Kildaire said...

I love that Capote quote!

Danyelle said...

Great quotes! Thanks for sharing. :D

... said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
... said...

Maybe someone famous will one day utter a quote along the lines of "Writers of fiction would get more fiction written if they did not spend so much time on their Blog or Myspace page."

Sadly I'm not yet famous enough to be quoted... but one day....
(assuming I follow my own advice and stop blogging and myspacing and get writing!)
:-)
Helen Hollick

Related Posts with Thumbnails