Thursday, June 4, 2009

Sunshine and other crap. . .

Well its been a while (for me) since i blogged. Since i finished my exams i've been staying away from both the internet and my laptop, not because i'm 'making myself' but because i just can't face it for some reason? (very strange and unusual for me)

Perhaps its the weather, Ireland has gotten sunny weather (its big news here, trust me), hitting 28 degrees (82.4 oF) during the week (hottest day in 3 years). We had two of the wettest summers ever in the last two years back to back (and its ireland, where wet is common so this was really really wet) there was not actually one day in those two summers where it didn't rain at least once - curse of being an island in the north of the atlantic.

The thing is I had a lot of plans (WC, WIP etc.) as soon as my exams were finished which haven't happened or been strated yet, not to mention my thesis which is already falling behind due to this period of unactivity.

I don't know. . .

Is it possible that my body is gotten so used to the lack of sun, that sunshine has had an opposite effect on my system, and produced a subversed version of S.A.D. (seasonal affective disorder)

and has made me alergic to my laptop, work and the internet?

Or am i just drained. . .

or am i just lazy . . .

meeh . . . typing this little thing has already drained me of energy and brain cells . . . . .

P.S. Re: FTGP - i've given up on middlemarch (i'll use it as a book end/doorstop) - Yup,it will be kanye wests masterpiece of 56 pages for me for a while, me thinks lol.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Sometimes, we just have to give those books up. That's why we give ourselves some leeway, yes?

I'm sorry you've been depressed. I've found that the hardest times tend to be when we're real focused and we get a lot of work done, and then suddenly there's nothing to focus on or do. Then we sort of collapse. Maybe that's what happening to you?

Btw - I'm thinking 82.4 degrees is so lucky as your highest day in years. It's hit 99 or 100 here a couple times already, and it's been over 80 for the last two months at least. I hate Texas weather.

Emily Cross said...

Amanda - i think your right! i guess i was going at such a fastpace with university and all those assignments, that i'm now all over the shop in regards to trying to focus!

God, i don't know how you cope with that weather, i would literarly curl up and die!

I_am_Tulsa said...

Japan is getting ready for the rainy season, so I totally want to soak up the sun when I can.... sort of...with lots of sunscreen...

You've been busy so I think it is perfectly all right if you chill for a while...don't worry, the writer in you will start to itch soon enough!

Related Posts with Thumbnails