Wednesday, September 30, 2009

COUNTDOWN TO 52/12!!

So, with my masters and now pending phd, my (fiction) writing and poetry has taken a backseat and i've gotten fed up with myself and my procrastinating ways.

Often i feel too tired to write AND for the past 6 months i've had awful mind-numbing soul sucking writers block, which hasn't gone away.

I've tried 'the break' thing - and that hasn't worked so now i'm going to be proactive!

*Drumroll*


Basically i'm big about goals/aims/plans and small on the details, and the actual grunt work!! So, i'm going to do a little and often strategy.

A short story a month (12):

1st week - 1st draft
2nd week - building up characters etc.
3rd week - 2nd draft
4th week - edit, polish, post on AW for feedback.

A Poem a week (52):

Starting on the 1st of November!!!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails