Saturday, September 12, 2009

New Year Resolutions - Pagan Style


So i've come up with some decent new year resolutions . . .

but yes, new years is a long way off . . .

Aha! Not if you're a 1000 year old celtic pagan who believed the new year eve = halloween or should i say 'Samhain'.

So these are my Oiche Samhain (Halloween Resolutions) for the following five years.

100 poems : 25 Published - 5 per year published

25 shorts: 5 published - 1 per year

5 novels: 1 published - over 5 years

Basically the above nonsense means that over the next five years i want to have written 100 decent poems, 25 decent shorts and 5 decent novels - with the aim of getting 25, 5, 1 respectively published.

Sounds utterly stupid?

aw thats me all over :)

3 comments:

annerallen said...

I love this. Great, attainable goals, and a wonderful time of year to be stating intentions. It feels like a beginning to me, too--because of memories of starting school at this time of year. And even if you're not a practicing pagan, living life with the traditional seasons gives a nice, sensible rhythm. I think I'm going to make some Samhain resolutions, too. Love the picture!

Emily Cross said...

I totally know what you mean Anne, New Years means nothing to me to be honest but Halloween is one of my favourite holidays!

I don't really classify myself in regards to religion (although i'm a ala carte catholic) but i love the 'nature' aspect of paganisam - being in touch with elements sort of thing. Like you said the sensible rhythm of it all!

Clare C. Greenstreet said...

Maybe I should make some Samhain resolutions too. But then, they'll probabaly end up being the same as my new years, birthday and new school year resolution of getting a new job.

Related Posts with Thumbnails