Saturday, November 28, 2009

20 Questions

Over on Parajunkee's blog (absolutely fab blog designer and book review) when i happened onto her 'about page' which had these twenty questions, which i thought would be fun!

1. Last books i bought:

I went into Waterstones and went a bit 'crazy' after my Graduation (damn 3 for2 always gets me!):

Charlainne Harris - Omnibus True Blood
Jane Austen & Seth Grahame-Smith - P&P& Zombies
Poppy Adams - The Behaviour of Moths
John Connolly - The Gates
Audrey Niffenegger - Her Fearful Symmetry
Ken Follett - The Pillars of the Earth
Ray Bradbury - Something wicked this way comes (finally got this!)

2. Last Book I got in Post

Can't remember - its been soooo long since i had access to a credit card. sniff!

3. The first book i've read over and over

Black Beauty

4. Children's books every child should read:

The Secret Garden
Black Beauty
The little Princess
Anne of green gables series
Little Women
Famous Five
Secret Seven
Three investigators (Last three were purely due to reading my brothers books)
The Call of the Wild
etc. etc.

5. Favourite Place to read

Bed

6. A book i bought just for cover:

a] Twilight - not the US version (the black one with apple) but actually the UK version (which everyone thinks is ugly). Totally drawn in my that cover, thus how i ended up with a first edition, as no one knew about these books in UK/Ireland in 2007

b] John Connolly's book of lost things, knew it was going to be brilliant but loved the cover! (similar to Gates and new Nocturnes one)

7. Scariest Book I ever read:

I don't read scary books to be honest but John Connolly's Black Angel really freaked me out! Oddly i read this series out of order because i ran out of books during holidays and started reading my mothers ones. Totally got hooked to the Charlie Parker series but the 'hollow men' scary the bejaysus out of me lol.

8. Most Romantic Book ever

Pride and Prejudice! Duh! ;)

9. Book that changed my life in some way

Twilight - purely because (and i don't want to sound pig headed - i don't mean it in that way) but the book (and the author) made me believe that i could write a book/s too. Usually when i read books i really like, i get the whole 'could never write like that'.

10. Books i've reread the most

Pride and Prejudice - know it off by heart at this point but its my 'go-to' book

11. Books i need cliff notes for

Shakespeare - how sad, i know!

12. Book you need dictionary for

Star of the sea by John O Connor

13. Book i like that no one else seems to

The Gargoyle (don't get me started!)

14. Books i don't like that everyone else seems to

A Great and Terrible Beauty - didn't get past the first three chapters. Everyone loves it. I don't. Enuf said lol.

15. Number of books i own (guess):

At least 300?

16. Number of books on TBR (that have not been acquired)

Infinite number

17. Must have reading accessory

Torch (for those night time read sessions)

18. Literary destination i want to go to:

Never thought of this before - maybe Jane Austens House?

19. Top three favourite authors

Jane Austen
(can't say about the other two - i keep changing my mind)

20. The reason i started book bloggin

I started this blog due to MoonRats comments on platforming, and haven't looked back since. I started the book bundle book review blog cause i wanted to talk about books!


let me know in comments if you do 20 questions - would love to read your answers :)

5 comments:

Diana Paz said...

Those are so fun! I laughed and thought about my own answers... I'll have to do this too :)

Jenna said...

Great answers. :) It's cool to read about other people's book loves.

Emily Cross said...

Glad you ladies like the questions - let me know when yeh post yours! Love to see if there are any similarities!

Thanks for comments :)

LauraCassidy said...

Great answers! And I like the new layout. You're so lucky to be moving out! Jealous :)

Helen said...

Twilight - not the US version (the black one with apple) but actually the UK version (which everyone thinks is ugly). Totally drawn in my that cover, thus how i ended up with a first edition, as no one knew about these books in UK/Ireland in 2007

I have that cover, too, and also got it signed! I remembered wandering through Waterstones years ago, picking it up and going, "Oooh, vampires," and walking out with it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails