Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Unplug week - spread the word

So i know lots of people who go through a 'unplug' month/week/day but i've never seen an actually organised monthly event till i happened on Diana's Blog post about it.

Founded by B.J. Anderson, she states that:

If you get tired of networking and need a break, join me for Unplug Week. It starts the third Monday of each month and it's a chance to just write. Go ahead and check your emails once or twice a day or anything else that will stack up while you're gone, but after that, turn off your computer and go write. Unplugging means no blogging, facebooking, myspacing, twittering, or anything else that keeps you from writing. Good luck and happy writing!

I think this is a brilliant idea! Personally my 'dayjob' very much involves computers and writing (academically) but i do spend large amounts of time online procrastinating. I'm definitely going to do this and have even made up a little logo (cause i love them lol)

So spread the word! Unplug!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

I like the little logo, you should let B.J. know about it. I've been participating in Unplug Week for several months since she first mentioned it (save for this week because I hosted a guest blogger on my blog and offered to do a giveaway) so I am glad it's catching on. I know more than half a dozen bloggers who all use this third week of the month to take that time away from social networking and put it into their manuscripts or family, etc. A great idea and so worth it! Enjoy Unplug Week!

Jenna said...

I'd love to do an unplug week, but I have to be on-line so often for research and stuff that I just haven't gotten around to it. I'm thinking of doing one next month, though. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails