Monday, December 14, 2009

Stoopid is as Stoopid does

How fecking true!!!

So, let me tell you a little story about how incredible stoopid i am.

About two weeks ago, we get a notice yabbering on about how are rooms have to be sprayed. Fair enough, today is the day and on the notice it says they'll start spraying round 10.30 and to vacate the rooms.

Dandy.

I get up at like half 8, so i can be all ready for them (as in not in me pjs) and my lecture at 10am.
And I, of course, being the completely paranoid nut that i am, decide that the only safe place for my duvet, pillows and sheet is the . . . shower

So, after placing a towel down (just in case - hardy har har), I trot off thinking by the time i get back, everything will be done and grand.

Come back and nothings been done. See, i forgot i live in Ireland not Germany so i should have known things wouldn't go to plan. God forbid anything is done on time here.

Me and M (my french apartmate) escape to the cantine for tea and chat and kill time talking about xmas and families bla bla bla.

We return, I go on AW and blogger. I look at my interview crap. I cook dinner. I eat dinner. I think, i've pleeeenty of time to revise for big interview tomorrow that decides my FUTURE.

Tra La La.

I decide to put my room to rights. Everything back in its place.

I open the shower . . .

A Fucking leak.

Everything is soaked.

So, i've spent last two hours drying my sheets, pillows etc. with a fricking remington hair dryer!?!?!

Which probably will cut out and die a sudden death though overuse tomorrow when i'm actually drying my hair after my leaky shower before my big ass interview!!

At some point i'm meant to review my fecking research review too.

*cry*



12 comments:

B.J. Anderson said...

Oh no!! I hope tomorrow will be better for you!

Blogging Mama Andrea said...

Ouch! But my daughter thinks the dog picture is hilarious (if that helps...)

Hope tomorrow goes a lot better for you than today!

LauraCassidy said...

Emily, I too give you a virtual hug - *hugs* and wish you the best of luck!

Clare C. Greenstreet said...

*big hug* don't worry, i'm sure everything will be fine!

chicknamedhermia said...

Oh dear ....I remember the inconvenience of those bug spraying days ....can't say I've EVER heard of people hiding bed clothes in the shower though, lol!

Emily Cross said...

Update: Made it to my interview and survived (although the leaky shower resulted in a very cold shower).

So i should know in a week if i'm getting funded. *fingers crossed*

Thanks BJ, Andrea (oh i love the picture too, its my inner puppy!) for your wishes!

Laura, thanks for the hug and the luck, the interview went well - i think i did well anyhoo lol

Clare, thanks for the hug too, much appreciated!

Hermia, i'm just a crazy loon. I imagine at some point i'll start wearing a tin foil hat lol

Danyelle said...

*hugs and sympathy cookies*

Diana Paz said...

Oh Emily that sucks major balls. The update made me so happy, and the doggy pic too. More hugs for you!

Emily Cross said...

OMG DIANA!!!

*cackles*

I almost spat my drink all over my keyboard!

"that sucks major balls"

definitely was last thing i thought you'd say!

Priceless - you've totally cheered me up after awful day of xmas shopping (in crowded places)

Thanks :)

The1stdaughter said...

Oh no Emily! I'm so glad everything ended up going well in the end. Hopefully they'll get your place fixed soon!

Emily Cross said...

Danyelle - thanks for the hugs and cookies!

1st daughter - aw i won't be holding my breath but thanks for the wishes. Hopefully it'll all have a happy ending :)

Jon Paul said...

There's a short story there somewhere, I bet.

Related Posts with Thumbnails