Monday, December 21, 2009

Thank you and there is a change in the wind. . .

I know i know, unplug week (aw well)

First, I want to thank everyone for their wishes, hugs and best of lucks in regards to my interview! You've all been so kind :)

Secondly, since i've gotten the good news or the indication of good news (prior to the official announcement) i've felt a sort of shift in gears in regards to my writing. It's very strange, like a change of attitude, or something?

As many of you know for the past 6-8 months i've had horrible writer's block - (both type 1 & 2) and no matter what i've tried (52/12; read more; prompts; change to pen/paper) nothing has happened. Obviously this has been stressing me out and has been really frustrating as i've had plenty of time lately to get stuck into writing but nothing to show for it!

So, back to this sort of subtle epiphany which was a sort of moment as in (please bear in mind i've been doing alot of Freud lately with first years - not a great lover of freud tbh);

The Usual exchange

Emily (concious): OMG, what am i ever going to do?!?! I can't write, I can't think of anything good enough to write! I'm never going to write a book, I'll never even be published. Who am i kidding!!! I'm a joke! Ooooh why can't i write????

Emily (subconcious): Well fuck if i know! You're pretty much screwed by the sounds of it!

Lately

Emily (c0ncious): OMG, what am i ever going to do?!?! I can't write, I can't think of anything good enough to write! I'm never going to write a book, I'll never even be published. Who am i kidding!!! I'm a joke! Ooooh why can't i write????

Emily (subconcious): Aw missus, would you ever chillax? you'll be grand. Now shuddup and listen to Bob Marley Beeatch!





So Yeah, Bob Marley is the cure. . . get the word out lol.


3 comments:

Tuesdai said...

Bob Marley would be one cure, or when I get writer's block (which is rare, very) I either write my name hundreds of times on blank pieces of paper...or if I'm blessed with cold rain (LOVE THE RAIN!!!) that's louder than NY traffic, I'm able to think clearly. People always tell me I should write a book, I just smile, say thank you....then "think about it". I guess it seems something interesting to do, maybe a book of notes....who knows.

Happy Holidays :)

Danyelle said...

*fingers crossed for you*
*hugs* I hate it when the words stay out of reach. I hope you're able to break through soon.

*chocolate to bribe your Muse*

Diana Paz said...

Nice epiphany, and I agree! Enjoy life, it's all good.

I'm unplugged too, heh heh. Thanks again for the logo, I sooooo love it :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails