Sunday, December 20, 2009
So tomorrow is the third monday of the month and is unplug week (which is going to be very handy this week considering the amount of work i have to do!). Apart from xmas stuff i'll be doing some PhD work and maybe work on some of my poetry (if it can be called that lol)
In unrelated news, the ever lovely Diana Paz has given me the 'From me to you' blog award! YaY!! Seriously recommend dropping over to Diana's blog as i've always found i've come away from reading her posts with smile on my face!
Basically i've to nominate seven blogs and revealing seven truths about myself that you might not know (hmmmmm. . . this is going to be hard!!
1. Ok the most obvious truth is that Emily Cross is not my real name (which i've mentioned before) but the truth part is that my first name is Mary. (nicknames: Moy, Mare, Maude, Mad Mary, Scary Mary etc. lol)
2. For ten years, 7-17 i studied speech and drama in the same school (different branch obviously) as Kate Winslet and i'm only a grade below her.
3. I've been published. First in an Anthology of peace poems about Northern Ireland and ROI and in university I had the abstract of my undergrad thesis published in Irish Journal of Psychology
4. My parents thought i had a learning disability (or that i was deaf) because i couldn't speak properly and was grunting up to the age of 3-4. My Parents brought me to a hearing specialist who said i could hear the grass grow and maybe i should start talking now. Since then my poor parents have been trying to shut me up.
5. As a child (which probably links to 4) i had a problem pronouncing certain words such as hospital due to stiff tongue or something - which was helped by 'licking yogurt off a plate' (aw speech therapists!)
6. I've two older brothers and a younger sister
7. Connected to nickname 'Mare', I was obsessed with horses as a child and used to (and will be soon) ride regularly! I absolutely love horses.
As the Plot thickens
All Things Moorehawk and Otherwise
All things Urban Fiction
Anne R Allen
Diary of a Chalet Girl
Also to everyone: