Friday, January 8, 2010

Snow Novelty


The novel childlike wonder of the snow has officially bloody passed!

Yesterday, like Ernest Shackleton, i left the sweet sauna comfort of my comfy apartment to bear the elements of this frozen hell (seriously we're in the minuses!!) to meet my friend As. for lunch.

A very treacherous journey indeed, i tell ya, full of snowball throwing Hoodies, skate-rink iced paths and roads and plenty of bum bruising!

Clutching my shopping bags, walking like a squatting penguin, I finally made it back to the sauna. Just as a nice fog set in.

All because we've no money for a bit of salt and grit!



6 comments:

Andrea said...

I hate snow too. It's pretty from a window but I would love it if I it disappeared when I went out. Or maybe it could stay snowy but be a warm unfrozen snow. So it could be over 70 and sunny with snow falling and it would all be a wonderful warm blanket with no frozen patches. If only...

Cindy said...

Lol, I love "walking like a squatting penguin". I truly do not like snow either but I've lived in Colorado my whole life so I'm used to it. In fact, I don't know what I'd do without it (besides celebrate). We're finally above freezing today and into the 50's this weekend, which is basically a sauna. People will be walking around with t-shirts and flip flops on, I guarantee it.

annerallen said...

You probably don't want to hear from somebody who's just been to the beach in 75 degree California sunshine, but I had to tell you how much I loved the squatting penguin image. Stay warm!

Clare C. Greenstreet said...

I'm sick of the snow too. I just want it to disappear and come again on Christmas Day!

moonrat said...

that all sounds terribly romantic.

Emily Cross said...

Andrea, pretty from a window - definitely. Pretty as i fall on my arse - not so much lol.

Cindy - Aw we're not used to minus weather at all, the whole country has 'stopped'. Glad you liked the penguin phrase :)

Anne - tell me more of this thing you call 'warm' and 'sunshine' lol. Thanks for comment :)

Clare - same here! i wanted an white xmas not an ice one. lol

Moonrat - aw yes. Frostbite brings out my inner Kavanagh lol. thanks for commenting :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails