I feel like I'm on mission impossible mode at the moment.
Yes, I am humming the tune and i type this post frantically but i promised Jon Paul I'd help out with his nifty blogfest idea.
So, following in the footsteps of the Fight Scene Blogfest, and "Love At First Sight" Blogfest, JP is announcing the first annual "Drunk At First Sight" Blogfest in ode to St. Patrick's Day
Here's how it will work:
1) Sign up below.
2) Write a new scene or short story, or dust off an old one, about a love/relationship situation that also includes one or more of the following elements:
---St. Paddy's Day as important event or setting
---Use of Ireland or anything Irish as a setting or prop
---An alcohol related event (party, hangover, cocktails, AA meeting, etc.)
3) Just prior to March 17th (St. Pat's Day), post said story to your blog.
4) On St. Paddy's Day, cruise around the interwebs, drink in hand, and check out everybody's amazing fiction.
That's all there is to it! Sounds like great fun--and in keeping with the St. Paddy's Day spirit. These other great bloggers are helping out with the Blogfest as well:
* The Postman from The Sententious Vaunter
* Bone from Cruising Altitude
* Scott from A Writer's Blog
The DAFS Blogfest promises to be fun for the whole family. No really. The first (virtual) round is on us. Sign up over on JP's Blogpost (links above), and spread the word.
The more, the merrier.