Monday, February 22, 2010

I feel like I'm on mission impossible mode at the moment.

Yes, I am humming the tune and i type this post frantically but i promised Jon Paul I'd help out with his nifty blogfest idea.



So, following in the footsteps of the Fight Scene Blogfest, and "Love At First Sight" Blogfest, JP is announcing the first annual "Drunk At First Sight" Blogfest in ode to St. Patrick's Day

Here's how it will work:

1) Sign up below.

2) Write a new scene or short story, or dust off an old one, about a love/relationship situation that also includes one or more of the following elements:

---St. Paddy's Day as important event or setting
---Use of Ireland or anything Irish as a setting or prop
---An alcohol related event (party, hangover, cocktails, AA meeting, etc.)

3) Just prior to March 17th (St. Pat's Day), post said story to your blog.

4) On St. Paddy's Day, cruise around the interwebs, drink in hand, and check out everybody's amazing fiction.

That's all there is to it! Sounds like great fun--and in keeping with the St. Paddy's Day spirit. These other great bloggers are helping out with the Blogfest as well:

* The Postman from The Sententious Vaunter
* Bone from Cruising Altitude
* Scott from A Writer's Blog

The DAFS Blogfest promises to be fun for the whole family. No really. The first (virtual) round is on us. Sign up over on JP's Blogpost (links above), and spread the word.

The more, the merrier.

6 comments:

Danyelle said...

I love blogfests!
Good luck!

I have an award for you here: http://myth-takes.blogspot.com/2010/02/awards-and-more.html

Penelope Paige said...

I'll try my best to write a story! I'm not sure if I'll have time, but it sounds like fun!

Anyway, this is Moonlight Mania. I'm a member of your Writer's Chronicle forum (I used to go on during the summer. I really don't have much time anymore though :[ ) Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for a creative blog award. (http://intentforgotten.blogspot.com/2010/02/blog-award.html)

JessG said...

Hey Emily! Looks like Moon beat me to nominating you for the creative blog award.

But that's okay. I've nominated you too!

http://gobblingthesnippets.blogspot.com/2010/02/oooo-award.html

chicknamedhermia said...

Lol hilarious idea!

annerallen said...

I finally got around to visiting JP's blog. What fun!

We're missing you, Emily. I hope you'll be able to repair/replace your computer soon!

I've noticed a lot of people have been blogging less recently. Maybe from the abundance of viruses--computer types and otherwise (that's me sniffling in the background.)

Jon Paul said...

Emily--I hope you get your computer issues sorted out. Looking forward to seeing you back at blogging.

There's something over at my place for you, BTW. Enjoy!

P.S. My word verification is progie, which I hereby proclaim as the name off an award earned while not blogging (I just earned two). What fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails