Tuesday, April 20, 2010

When Procrastination is used for good. . .



I'm the queen of procrastination. . .

Many of you will notice I've been active on the auld blogosphere lately.

Three guesses why, Ladies and Gents - Yup, I've work to do with a looming deadline over head so of course I'm procrastinating here and around the place!

BUT, something interesting has been happening lately:

Usually

Procrastination = no work done at all

But lately

Procrastination from academic work = writing of novel

I find writing to be hard - yet I'm so up to my eyes and so engrossed with models, theories and causation that I'm actually finding it relaxing to be struggling with dialogue and description of a very rough draft. . .

Mental, i know!

Anyhoo found a pretty graph (which causes a pavlovian reaction in me as there are waaay too many models in my life at the moment - and I'm not talking hunky man models either)

5 comments:

Jon Paul said...

That chart is a thing of beauty, Emily. Inspiring even!

Danyelle said...

This is so true! We can use procrastination to be more productive. It's all in how we apply it. :D

chicknamedhermia said...

Hey whatever works! Good luck with it....it might make you rich and famous!

Au Lapin Blanc said...

That chart is spot on! It's going on my wall :D

Emily Cross said...

thanks everyone!

Wish I'd made it but I'm just a 'borrower' mwahahaha

Related Posts with Thumbnails