Friday, May 14, 2010

Time for a face lift. . .


It's been over a month since my last post, and many of you probably notice things have changed a bit?

Well, I decided my little blog needed a makeover both in appearance and in content. . .

Well, the changes you notice (blog design) at the moment are only temporary - soon I'm hoping to get some professional nip and tucking done for this blog!

I was going to do a big post yapping on about how I came to the realisation that my blog has the stability of a manic Yorkshire terrier with size issues but that would be 'telling instead of showing'.

For the past couple of months, I've been pondering about this blog, and its purpose. I started this blog to build a platform/network under the pen name Emily Cross, but beyond that I don't think I've placed much thought into the content of my posts - which i'm sure people can agree ranges from personal to things about writing to Glee videos.

Like me, this blog is all over the shop, no focus but I don't want it to be boring either (if it hasn't already?). . .

So, I'm hoping to insert a bit more of my personality into the blog, a bit more useful content (might as well put some of that psych stuff to use) and lots more pwetty pictures :)

Also I've crossed off some more stuff off the '203 things before i kick it' list - so i'll be post about that stuff too. . .

I've travelled all day and am all contaminating with recycled airplane air. . .

Thus, I leave you with this. . .







Image source

5 comments:

Anne R. Allen said...

Awwww. I vote for keeping the smiling kitty as a permanent fixture.

Oh, my. The times are a-changin' faster that Simon, Garfunkel or Bob Dylan ever imagined.

I'm interested in seeing your personal changes. I'll watch this space...

notRuairi said...

I've never really thought about what 'category' my blog is in. I looked at the the lists of the Irish Blog Awards recently and noticed there was no 'Best Miscellaneous Bollocks' section and thought "well, I'm out."

I don't think you should be too concerned about being placed anywhere in particular. Though maybe I just haven't come to terms with my utter lack of direction yet.

Clare C. Greenstreet said...

I've been thinking the same thing with my blog. Really need to sort it out and give the page a huge makeover.

Emily Cross said...

@Anne - I'm not a cat person, yet the funniest pics i find seem to be of cats lol. . .

notRuairi - Thanks, i guess we may just break the mould when it comes to blogs ;)

Clare - at the bottom of your blogger dashboard theres 'blogger in draft' which is new. click on it and then go to your blog and clickl design - you can change your blog that way - easier than downloading and altering html from btemplates.com

Jon Paul said...

I like the new digs. BTW, there's something over at my place for you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails