Thursday, June 24, 2010

I'm just an American Idiot. . .

Due to the stars aligning in my favour, a few days ago I received a gift of a GreenDay ticket to Marley Park! Wahoo!!

So, last night myself and SC partook in a bit of moshing and arm waving in the balmy weather.

Greenday were brilliant. They played non stop for two and half hours, so I was well impressed!

Have to say, their attitude is amazing - not an ounce of diva in any of them. They don't take themselves too seriously and letting some fans sing their songs was class!

BUT

Not to be a moany bitch but there were a few things that were so annoying:

1. If you are going to actually make the effort of having big screens - please put them high enough so people in the back who are not 6 foot can see them! What is the point of having them the same level as the stage. If I can't see the stage, how the f**k shall I see the screens?

2. Tall people - F**k sake

3. People on other people's shoulders - F**k sake twice

4. Starting the concert at 8.30!! - F**k sake thrice - no atmosphere till it was dark - waste of perfectly good pyrotechnics and fireworks.

5. People who pay 70 yoyos to see a band. Yet, they don't know the words to most of the songs. I got my ticket for free, what the hell were the other people's excuses??

Everytime Billie (lead singer) stuck the mic out to the crowd to sing, it was welcomed with the dull mumblings of people who honestly don't have a notion . . .

Tis such a sad state of affairs when the crowd actually only started getting lively and singy when they played 'hey jude' . . .

Is this what happens to certain bands that are seen as 'cool' to go to? People go, yet don't actually know their songs!?!

Poor Greenday - I really felt for them.

5 comments:

Postman said...

Don't feel sorry for them. They're a pack of tossers. Just a mealy-mouthed liberal political action committee disguised as a mediocre prog group. Glad you got in for free...

Rest_Energy said...

I empathise with your anger at tall people at concerts. I have no issue with them being there, just when they're near the front. I went to see The Pogues a few years ago at the RDS and there was some 6 foot something guy on front of me (I was about three rows back from the front) and I don't think I've ever glared at anyone so much. He got the message and went onn to obstruct someone else's view.

And Green Day have gone far too mainsteam now, so sadly that means the majority of people who are at their gigs only know about the singles from American Idiot and possibly 21st Century Breakdown. I used to love Green Day :/

chicknamedhermia said...

I'm so jealous! I really wanted to go to that concert...Joan, Paramore AND Greenday!? Divine!

notRuairi said...

I really can't stand Green Day, but I do know the lyrics to most of their songs. I'm not sure how actual fans missed out on that trick. Did they play Hitchin' A Ride?

Scarlet-O said...

i heard that show was good. 70 yoyos though? not THAT good...

Related Posts with Thumbnails