Friday, June 18, 2010

Opinions Needed - New Project?

Since and before I started this blog, I have gained and learnt so much from browsing the blogosphere and reading wonderful and insightful posts by both aspiring and published writers and publishing insiders.

For a while I've been pondering about what I could possible contribute to this knowledge base. I'm not a published writer, I'm not an editor or agent and I'm really only learning about the ins and outs of the writing business, so what can I contribute!?!?!

To be honest, I don't consider myself an expert in anything -

but I have a psychological background. . .

Mulling over this, I came up with an idea (oh no you say, another one lol)
Do you think reader/writers would be interested in 'Psych Saturdays' - a weekly/fortnightly/monthly (depending on responses) post answering readers psychological questions relating to their writing?

For example, if you had a character with a phobia, perhaps you could ask me about how would this phobia occur? or what type of behaviour would your character display if they had OCD? or if your character was depressed, what therapy would they most likely attend? etc.

I've set up a poll below (and on the sidebar) -I would really appreciate people's answers (and thoughts if you'd like to leave a comment below) about whether you think this is good/bad idea and whether you would use it.

P.S. if you really want, you can also email me emilycross09@gmail.com, if you have suggestions or possibly psychological questions to get this project started!




7 comments:

Christine Danek said...

I think this would be a very interesting project.

WriterGirl said...

what about analysing popular characters. i recently read an article, i think linked from nathan bransford about psych students diagnosing famous literary characters such as edward cullen suffering from arrested development and piglet from winnie the pooh having GAD

Miss Anon said...

I think it's a fab idea!

I have loads of questions!

Emily Cross said...

@ Christine - thank you, I hope people will find it so

@WriterGirl - I read that article, sounds so interesting, it might something to consider in the future as a 'funny' sort of thing.

@miss anon - Feel free to email me your questions!! emilycross09@gmail.com

chicknamedhermia said...

Interesting idea, m'dear!

JessG said...

Sounds like a magnificent idea! I would love insight to my characters (or at least to see how and why my subconcious mind brought them to being and why they are that way). And to see what other people ask and their answers. Good idea!

Scarlet-O said...

Oh... Sorry I just read this... yes, totally interesting... hey my whole blog is about seeing a psychologist... hahaha... I'll send you questions. Every character has psychological issues after all, cuz every human does.

Related Posts with Thumbnails