Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Just a little bit of a swoon. . .


Where has 'North and South' been all my life!?!?!

As a BBC drama nut, I have only now (the shame!) just watched North and South and dare i say, it is almost better than P&P (I'm talking BBC version, not the one with KK)!

The Leads, Richard Armitage and Daniela Denby-Ashe were great! Just such a brilliant pair of actors - Richard Armitage especially was amazing, and played the character brilliantly. It was great to see him in a non-villian role - why this man isn't in more programs/films eludes me.
Daniela Denvy-Ashe was also excellent, and portrays Margaret Hail perfectly! Couldn't fault the film at all - just excellent, brilliant and perfect rolled into one :)

And of course, plenty of swoon moments too!

Definitely adding this to the wishlist for dvds and of course rereading the book!

9 comments:

Kitty Cat said...

TCup was just telling me about this a few weeks ago! She got it online on DVD for about €3 as far as I know, might have been on Play.com. Richard Armitage is quite the ride, I must borrow it off her sometime for a looksee.

Emily Cross said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily Cross said...

Well i just got it off amazon (inc packaging) for 8 yoyos!!

Can't wait for more Richard Huummmmana Hummmmana Armitage (as he shall now be forever known as)

Let the drooool fest commence :)

Aphrodite said...

The exact same thing happened to me - finally discovered North and South at the end of last year and I still can't believe I missed out for 5 years. Guh!

I do like it better than P&P even though it's not so 'sparkly'.

As for Richard Armitage, all I can say is that I am still recovering.

Anne R. Allen said...

Thank you, thank you for this reminder! I read the book some time ago and loved it--and somebody told me there was a BBC series, but I never saw it. But now I have Netflix. I'm off to put it in my queue!

Emily Cross said...

Anne - trust me you won't be sorry!! Absolutely loved it. one of the best BBC dramas and turns out it's won loads of awards (like best bbc drama romance scene) etc.

chicknamedhermia said...

I've never heard about it, but I may have a goo!

Emily Cross said...

Hermia - oh if you love costume dramas, you'll love this. And the heroine is actually quite independent too. very P&P like

Aphrodite - Richard Armitage is just. . . yum. . . haha. Totally delighted I found this, and wouldn't mind but the book been sitting at home and never ever thought of bbc adaption!

Scarlet-O said...

woohoo netflix!

Related Posts with Thumbnails