Monday, October 11, 2010

Covorting with some Covers (II)

Some other yummy covers!


Torment - Lauren Kate

Thoughts: I love this image, the bleakness ties really well with the title but also with the previous book 'Fallen'. I'm glad it's grayscale because I could image a colour like 'red' would over power the overall image.

Shiver (UK) - Maggie Stiefvater

Thoughts: Love the colour scheme of this, especially as usually you would expect the branches to be black. I like the inversion and the splash of red. Really love this.

The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde

Thoughts: Simple but so powerful, the colour scheme is amazing but the artwork is well. Does the work complete justice. Very sophisticated. Love it.

5 comments:

M. McGriff said...

Out of all the covers, the Torment one looks INSANE!! That's too cool!
That alone would make me want to read it!

Anne R. Allen said...

Black and white can be so powerful when used well. All three of these do that.

I once staged an Oscar Wilde play with an entirely black and white set, using the kind of art nouveau Beardsley-esque design you show on your Dorian Gray cover. It won some awards. They do seem to go together.

chicknamedhermia said...

The last is my favourite!

Emily Cross said...

@M.McGriff - I agree I think the Tormet and Fallen book covers are excellent and really eyecatching

@Anne - Congrats on the awards, is there no end to your talents? :)

@Hermia - Yes, I think the artwork for oscar wilde book cover is amazing.

Anonymous said...

hey your blog design is very nice, neat and fresh and with updated content, make people feel peace and I always like browsing your site.

- Thomas

Related Posts with Thumbnails