Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Oíche Samhain



Happy Oíche Samhain everyone (aka Halloween)

I absolutely love this time of year!

And after having huge argument with a Icelandic gentleman about the origins of the holiday (He said that everyone knows it's American commercial holidaty and of course I said it's a traditional Irish/Celtic one) I felt ready to explode!

So if anyone cares to know about some of the origins, I direct you to the ever reliable wikipaedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halloween

Anyhoo, ranting aside. I wish everyone a Great Scary Halloween and for the pagans out there, a Happy New Year (Although not pagan, I think I shall use 'the new year' to get my fat arse in gear for looking well for Christmas!)

Toodles :)


4 comments:

Clare C. Greenstreet said...

Happy Halloween!! Love this time of year too!

The Shape said...

Happy Samhain to you also...we're of the same mind...this is my favourite time of year...there is something about it that I can't put my finger on. Maybe it's the Celt in me bursting out...I always get the urge to dance naked around a fire with antlers on my head...oh who am I kidding, that's what I'm doing right now!

Jen said...

It's a wonderful time of year--and kudos to you for standing up for the truth about its origins!

Emily Cross said...

Thanks everyone for the Happy Halloweens! Hope yeh all had great night!

Related Posts with Thumbnails