Saturday, October 2, 2010

On my wishlist

On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday. It's where I list all the books I desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming. If you want to know more click HERE.


So here is a list of some of the books that I wish for (hint hint):

I Heart You, You Haunt Me


Girl meets boy.

Girl loses boy.

Girl gets boy back...

...sort of.

Ava can't see him or touch him, unless she's dreaming. She can't hear his voice, except for the faint whispers in her mind. Most would think she's crazy, but she knows he's here.

Jackson. The boy Ava thought she'd spend the rest of her life with. He's back from the dead, as proof that love truly knows no bounds.

(From S&S website)

I've heard very good things about this book, so it's definitely on my wishlist

Looking for Alaska

First drink, first prank, first friend, first girl, last words! A poignant and moving crossover novel about making friends and growing up from American author, John Green. Miles Halter is fascinated by famous last words -- and tired of his safe, boring and rather lonely life at home. He leaves for boarding school filled with cautious optimism, to seek what the dying poet Francois Rabelais called the "Great Perhaps." Much awaits Miles at Culver Creek, including Alaska Young. Clever, funny, screwed-up, and dead sexy, Alaska will pull Miles into her labyrinth and catapult him into the Great Perhaps. Looking for Alaska brilliantly chronicles the indelible impact one life can have on another.

(from amazon.co.uk)

I've heard some amazing things about this book, and considering it's now basically a YA classic, I really need to read this!



6 comments:

Bella said...

I've read the 1st one; it was a sweet story,I really like her books :)

The Book Vixen said...

Hope you get to read these soon. I've read I Heart You, You Haunt Me and it was really good. I have Looking for Alaska and can't wait to read it.

Here are the books on my wishlist this week.

pussreboots said...

Looking for Alaska is one of those on again off again books on my wishlist.

Here's what I'm wishing for this week.

jackie b central texas said...

I hope you get your books to read Emily, they sound intriguing and have never heard of either books or either author before so thanks for the heads up on something new to me!

My Wish List is for an E-book which unless I get a Kindle to read will have to wait until it comes out in MMPB!

jackie ^_^

readerbuzz said...

I wonder how much of our final impressions of a book are swayed by our expectations....I expected a lot from Alaska and ended up liking it a lot but not loving it.

Emily Cross said...

@Bella - good to hear, I'll have to try it out :)

@bookvixen - Thanks for the link to your wishlist. I hope I get to read them soon to, wish I had money :(

@Pussreboots - Thanks for your wishlist!

@Jackie - thanks for your wishlist, you're way ahead of me with an e-book! I don't have any sort of ereader at all lol.

@readerbuzz: Well, i'm hoping to try and go in with no expectations. It'll either be good, bad, or brilliant! lol. Thanks for stopping by

Related Posts with Thumbnails