Monday, October 4, 2010

The Time Traveler's Wife


What can i say? I began this book at about 2am and at 6.47am, i am sleep deprived but it was worth it!


The Time Travellers Wife is a story of the 'real' love between Claire and Henry through time and their lives. Nicely written, this book leaps back and forth through time but still paints a coherent picture. I loved dipping in and out of this book,experiencing the juxtaposition of Claire's youth and Henry's middle age.


This is just a beautifully story, written in an amazing way that grabs you and won't let you go till you've read that sweet ending with a tear soaked face.


So 5/5 in my book - i can't wait to read her next book.





5 comments:

Postman said...

Good to hear the book was worth something, even I heard the movie was shite.

And the blog makeover is FANTASTIC.

Emily Cross said...

Thanks Postman! I thought the book was excellent, and I didn't mind the film too much (myself and my friend loved the books so we were all set to love the movie) - we went with some friends who hadn't read the book and it was hilarious how much piss they took out of the film. I don;t think I've ever seen them laugh so much - so at least they enjoyed it lol!

readerbuzz said...

I'm worried that you have not heard of Dr. Seuss! Is he only an American phenomenon? He is at the top of my list for writers. You simply must find a Seuss and read it. Preferably Green Eggs and Ham. Or Grinch. Not the movie version. The real Grinch.

readerbuzz said...

I'm quite worried that you are unfamiliar with Dr. Seuss. It's a must-read!

Jillian said...

One of my favorite books!! (The movie definitely didn't do it justice.)

Related Posts with Thumbnails