Thursday, November 4, 2010

A bit of an update


Things have been a little insane in RL at the moment. I have so much work to do that I've taken to yelling at my laptop everytime I hear the 'bing' of a new email :)

See this is what procrastination and a summer of watching BBC classics gets you!

Writing wise I'm trying to meet the deadline for the competition (don't know if I mentioned it before). It's a contest by Inkwell for best 1st chapter (and your WIP doesn't have to be complete) and prize is winning an author page on the Inkwell website and some euros :)

I tell ya this first chapter will be the death of me. I posted snippets up on AW for feedback. I have to say, the people over there are wonderful and theadvice they've given me is invaluable. It really makes you realise that you're only a cog in the wheel when it comes to the development of a novel.

So at the moment I'm rewriting the 1,500 words I'd written already - I think what everyone said (including the queen beta, my mother) was dead on and even in the back of my mind I knew about the faults of the work myself - it's good though to get second opinion and even better to get suggestions on how to fix it.

If I don't win the competition (obviously I'm not goint to, as it will be struggle to get it done by deadline November 20th) I might, if people are interested, post snippets of it up?

Anyhoo better go, work (that's not writing) to be done.



4 comments:

Anne R. Allen said...

It's not obvious to me that you're not going to win. Think positive. You might surprise yourself.

LauraCassidy said...

Have my fingers crossed for you! :)

Kitty Cat said...

Best of luck with it m'lady! x

Emily Cross said...

Thanks everyone for the best of lucks and crossed fingers :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails