Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Snowbody Snows the trouble I've seen. . .

. . . Snowbody snows the sorrow!

It seems the weather gods have decided to kick Ireland when it's down and sent on some lurvly weather for us.

Personally I rumble and grumble (cause I like to anyway) but really I love me some snow, when it's nice and fluffy and white . . .

Yesterday, the snow was slushy brown yuke which had turned to ice and was absolutely leg breaking lethal, but now new snow is falling (i'm watching from my work window - yes, I'm actually in my office and no I'm not working ha!) and everything is white again. YaY.

The snow is so perfect it actually looks fake! I just hope this doesn't mean that we don't get a white Christmas - that we've had our quota for the year and the big woman (mother nature duh) upstairs decides to cut us off!

Yes, I like the snow.

It's just such a pity about the people (i.e. brats - and when I say brats I'm talking 20 something brats- who decided to pelt my window with snowballs and have basically a stockpile of snow balls and are waiting near the walkway to throw them at random girls. . . is this the winter mating ritual of the maleificus studentus?)

Mental note: Must ask David Attenbourgh

Edit: Work has closed for the day.



3 comments:

Clare C. Greenstreet said...

Snow is always great when you don't have to go out in it. Or at least when it's all new and no-one has walked in it.

Chanelle said...

It's like that in London too. Where I live, which is a little more South of London, the snow is calf deep and every mode of transport has been severly affected. It was fun getting to work today and back!! Not.
But I do love the look of snow. Yesterday, when it first started, I was at home. So I could watch it from the window in the warmth :)

Emily Cross said...

@Clare - so true! I've taken some fab pics I may post them!

@ Chanelle - I heard London was particularly bad. Where I am, (my parents) its quite deep but is thawing a bit now.

I don't mond fresh snow, it's when it hardens and become ice like that it's lethal.

Related Posts with Thumbnails