Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Happy Paddy's Day


I couldn't let the day go by without posting something, could I?

Well tomorrow is St. Patrick's day or Paddys day (but not 'patty day' as I've seen in some places!?!?! Patty = Patricia)

I couldn't resist plugging this website addressing the important issue: http://paddynotpatty.com/ ;)

Anyhooo back on point:

This year the parade in Dublin is taking a very literal theme and is based on Roddy Doyle's short story BRILLIANT (which you can download here for free). The idea being that parents will tell the story to their kids, then watch the parade together as each group will take a section of the story, so tune in (i'm sure it'll be online) and watch the story being told via the floats :)

To everyone here or abroad, have great day tomorrow,

Lá Fhéile Pádraig Shona Duit!!!

3 comments:

Anne R. Allen said...

Thanks SO much for the link to Paddy not Patty. I've just FB'd it and I'll Tweet if Twitter gets up and running again. We must stop being Eejits!

And a happy Driving-the-Snakes-out-of -Ireland day to you, too!

Actually, I kind of feel sorry for the snakes, so I'm wearing green AND a snake necklace.

Now to read the Roddy Doyle story...

Postman said...

I'll be sure to correct everyone I see on the "Paddy vs. Patty" issue. Thanks for the heads-up.

Anne R. Allen said...

Hi Emily--we miss you! I'm doing an interview with Danielle Smith (1st Daughter) on my blog on Sunday and I'll give you a mention. I hope you'll stop by! I'll even send you a free ebook if you want one. I've got three new books out--two more to come!

Related Posts with Thumbnails