Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A broken promise. . .

Promises are a funny thing. I rarely break promises to others, yet I always break them to myself.

Jaysus, that line sounds more like the beginning of a self-help memoir  than an "I'm back" blog post.

So yeah, I decided to return to the world of blogging after a very long hiatus because as you know, the internet is in very short supply of wannabe writers who like to blog.

We're practically an endangered species. 

Anyhoo . . .  what's this broken promise malarky (yes, I still use this word, and no I'm not a 90yr old irish stereotype) I'm melodramatically yabbering on about you ask? Well over a year ago, I made a promise on this blog (always a good idea to post stuff on the internet that will come back and bite you in the arse) that I wasn't going to make another blog post until I completed the first draft of DarkShines. Ahem. . .

*cough*

Yeah. . .  probably getting a fair idea of where this going. . . 

I'm sure you're all very surprised to hear that DarkShines is still in its first draft (i.e. not finished). I wish I could say I was half way through but no that would be lying. . . I made so little progress in 2011 with DarkShines, that I would be more willing to tell you my current weight (post-christmas) and post a naked video of myself doing the macarena than tell you my word count.

So yeah. . . 2011 was kind of a shit year, here's to 2012 being less shit and you know, non-apocalyptic :)

And here's to finishing this bastardy thing (my new name for WIP).

Belated Happy New Year!

I shall see you all around the blogosphere,

Toodles






9 comments:

LauraCassidy said...

Yay! Welcome back :)

Emily Cross said...

Thanks Laura, it's good to be back :)

Clare C. Greenstreet said...

Welcome back! Hope 2012 is less rubbish too!

I_am_Tulsa said...

Welcome back! I haven't much of a blogger myself...
I too have to finish writing a few different stories...

So, it is a "race" between us all who have to get working on our stories!

I wish you a very happy and fruitful New Year!

Emily Cross said...

@Clare - Thanks for the welcome back, God I hope 2012 is better :)

@I_am_Tulsa - thanks for the welcome back, I must pop by your blog :)

Anne R. Allen said...

Glad to see you back, Emily! Sometimes blogging can jumpstart the creative writing. It does for me. And I heartily second your wish for less poopiness in 2012. :-)

Kamille Elahi said...

AHH! OMG! Welcome back!

You've been gone for so long!

2011 wasn't a fantastic year for a lot of people. I hope your 2012 is better than 2011!

Emily Cross said...

@Kamille - Happy New Year to you too! I know, I've been gone ages, but it's good to be back. Am following your new blog now :)

Kamille Elahi said...

Aw thanks!

It's great to see you again! I'm Vampyr from the Draft if you didn't know. well, you probably didn't.

Related Posts with Thumbnails